These little gems are a fabulous way to get your five serves of veggies in one go! You can even cook this recipe along with our Wellness Coordinator Bridget Meehan by watching the recording of our Healthy at Home Facebook cook along here
Makes 10 rolls
• 10 rice paper wrappers
• 1 carrot, peeled & julienned
• 1 cucumber, julienned
• 1/2 capsicum, julienned
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
• 5 large lettuce leaves torn in half
• Handful fresh coriander (and/or mint, basil)
• 30g cooked rice noodles or rice vermicelli (optional)
1. Have all ingredients laid out in a production line.
2. Working with 1 sheet of rice paper at a time, dip into warm water for about 10 seconds, turning until it begins to soften. Drain excess water. Lay on a clean work surface.
3. Place a few slices of carrot, cucumber, capsicum, avocado, chicken, lettuce and herbs at one side of the wrapper.
4. Add a small amount of the cooked vermicelli noodles if using.
5. Fold base & sides of wrapper over filling & roll up firmly to enclose. Transfer to a plate & cover with a damp cloth. Repeat.
Why not try a vegetarian option by removing the chicken or substituting with tofu?!