Garlic may be small, but its benefits are mighty! It is packed with vitamins B and C, manganese, selenium, iron, copper and potassium. In fact, this little vegetable is not only immune boosting, it helps to clear your skin and promotes heart health.
Try this super beneficial recipe for the colder days, Roasted Garlic Soup.
- 3 Garlic heads
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Potato
- 1 Celery stalk
- ½L water
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper
1. Cut the bottom of the garlic heads to expose them a little. Then unpeeled, put the garlic heads in a tray & roast on a baking sheet at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.
2. Peel & dice all the remaining vegetables, place in a pot with boiling water & cover. Cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3. When the garlic is ready, remove from oven & let cool down. Peel off the garlic cloves.
4. Once vegetables are cooked place in blender with peeled garlic along with butter.
5. Blend soup until it’s silky and smooth. 6. Divide the soup in bowls, sprinkle with a little bit of olive oil & parsley. Serve with toasted bread.