For some of our homeowners, there may come a time where you choose to sell your home and move out of the community. One of the questions we’re often asked is “What happens when I resell my home?”
As a Lifestyle Communities homeowner, you can either engage an external real estate agent or utilise our experienced Lifestyle Communities Sales team – the choice is yours.
Refer to our handy timeline below to learn exactly what to expect when selling your home:
Established home sales process:
- If you choose to engage our Lifestyle Communities team, simply speak to your Community Manager or Sales Consultant and let them know your plans.
- From here you can expect a call from one of our friendly Sales Consultants who will organise a convenient time to inspect your home. This allows your consultant to familiarise themselves with your house and prepare a presentation, along with a marketing and pricing strategy that will help to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Once finalised, your consultant will organize a time to meet with you again to discuss and share the relevant documentation to prepare the sale of your home.
- Upon agreeing to sell your home, the Sales Consultant and Marketing team will work together to create an inspiring and impressively presented listing to our website and realestate.com.au.
- Once live on the website, your Sales Consultant will contact our waitlist of prospective buyers that have expressed interest in living in your community. We will also post the listing to the Community Noticeboard in the Clubhouse for other homeowners and visitors to see.
- Finally, a ‘For Sale’ sign will be added to the front of your home to let passersby know that your home is on the market.
- When prospective buyers have expressed interest, your Sales Consultant will work with you to organise the best time to show them through your home. They will then work towards establishing an offer for you and/or your family.
- Once an offer is negotiated and confirmed with you, the Lifestyle Communities team will help transition the new homeowners through to settlement.
Established sales FAQs:
How is the Deferred Management Fee calculated?
The Deferred Management Fee (DMF) is deducted from the sale price of your home. Our DMF is calculated as a scaled percentage of your end selling price depending on the length of time you have been part of the community. The DMF fee is a scaled percentage of 4% of the selling price per year and is capped at a maximum of 20% from the fifth year. Regardless of how many years a homeowner stays with us in one of our communities, we’ll never take more than 20%.
As per our Smart Buy Guarantee, if you decide to move out within the first 12 months of purchasing your home in the community, we will wave the DMF fee.
What are the costs of selling my home through Lifestyle Communities?
There is a selling commission fee of 2% of the sale price payable to Lifestyle Communities if we sell your home for you. You can choose a real estate agent to sell your home, in which case you negotiate a separate selling commission with the real estate agent. This means you won’t pay the 2% sales commission to Lifestyle Communities if you choose an external agent.
There is an administration fee of 1% of the sale price payable to Lifestyle Communities for us to prepare the paperwork and administer the sale of your home and act in the capacity of a conveyancer for the sale of your home.
How does this compare to selling it through a private agent?
An external real estate agent would normally charge in the range of 2-3% and charge anywhere from $1,000-$3,000 in marketing expenses.
If you’re thinking about buying or selling your home, call 1300 50 55 60 to have a friendly chat with one of our Sales Consultants who can discuss the process in more detail and provide some helpful guidance and support.