This salad is flavoursome, fresh and easy. The combination of beef and veggies makes it a meal packed with iron, an essential nutrient for women’s health.
- 1 x beef scotch fillet steak (~250g)
- Thai mixture:
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 5 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp red curry paste (or chilli sauce)
- Salad ingredients:
- 3 cups of lettuce leaves
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 100g halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of coriander, mint & basil leaves
- Combine the Thai mixture ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour half of the mixture into a sealable bag with the steak to marinate for as long as possible (ideally a few hours, or even overnight). Reserve the remainder of the mixture in the fridge to dress the salad.
- Grill the steak to your linking on a hot pan with some oil (3-4 mins per side for medium-rare). Allow the steak to rest until it is at room temperature & then slice it thinly.
- Combine the salad ingredients & beef in a bowl. Add the dressing mixture, toss to coat and enjoy!