Exploring the outer eastern gems of Victoria shouldn’t be done on an empty stomach! Before setting out for an adventure around this region, whether it be to the shops or the natural parklands, fill-up with quality food at a value for money price.
There are many great places to eat on a budget. Check out some of these best value eateries around the region and make one of them a first-stop destination next time you’re getting out and about around Officer South.
- If you’re in the mood for something different, A Touch of Dutch offers just what the name suggests. Why not try a Dutch-inspired meal at a low cost. The meals are excellent value and feature many vegetarians options too.
- Close by to Officer South, Berwick has many great pizzerias to dine in or take away at. Be sure to check out Pizza E Cucina for a pizza that will delight the senses and the budget.
- Sometimes on a Sunday night, something fast and quick is calling your name. Eden Rise Charcoal Chicken has plenty of good options to grab a meal on the cheap. It is hard to pass up chicken and chips when the mood is right!
- Australian seafood is hard to beat and Fishtastic boasts some of the best fish and chips around the region. This is the perfect go-to to eat-in or takeaway and dine outside when the sun is shining as it sets.
- A cute cafe is calling at Four Figs. Here is an ideal spot for a coffee and an afternoon pick me up. This cafe offers many gluten free and vegetarian or vegan options to please all senses.
- For a picnic-style meal to take-away to a local park or reserve, you can stop by Subway and pick-up a healthy sandwich to go. Add a cookie and a drink and you’ve got a meal to get moving with.
- Another great local cafe is Tickle Me Pickle. A variety of cuisine from all over the world is on offer, including French pastries and Middle Eastern treats. Tucked between the culture is a classic Australian sandwich.
- If you’re in the mood for something Asian, the Noodle & Sushi combo won’t break the bank but it will leave your belly full. Here there is a range of Japanese and South East Asian meals to take away or eat in.
- For a quick lunch stop, the Euro Cafe 38 has many great delights on offer. From sandwiches to pastries both sweet and savoury, it serves for a classic Aussie day out.
- Chinese food is a never-fail option when eating out. Wok’d Gourmet Chinese Restaurant surely won’t disappoint the taste buds but will keep the purse feeling heavy at the counter!
Do you have a favourite spot you love in Officer South? Tell us about your favourite spot in the comments below!